The radiator is the core of your vehicle’s cooling system. Responsible for reducing the heat generated from the coolant circulating through your vehicle’s cooling system, the radiator must be clean, leak free, filled with coolant and clear of blockages. Coolant that is not maintained becomes acidic over time and degrades the internals of your cooling system. This deterioration results in the structural break-down of hoses and gaskets. Degraded coolant can also lead to premature water pump failure brought on by deteriorated seals. This means the leaky gasket or hose that you fix today might be the weakest of many weak points in your cooling system. Fixing these one-off leaks could just be a short term solution for a much larger problem. The good news is these issues can be avoided by performing coolant flushes at the intervals recommended by your vehicle’s manufacturer.
Our technicians are certified to diagnose and repair many components in your cooling system including the radiator, thermostat, water pump, belts and more!
- Quality service performed by a professional technician
- Visual inspection of entire coolant system, including belts, hoses, caps, clamps, cooling fans, water pump and radiator
- Notation of any signs indicating overheating
- Perform a Combustion Leak Test designed to identify internal leak(s) in the combustion system which may not be visible upon inspection
- Oil and transmission fluid check to determine potential coolant leak in the engine
- Perform pressure test on radiator cap and record findings
- Top off coolant level if necessary
- Injection of an ultraviolet tracer dye for a black light inspection of all coolant components to detect leak points
Why choose Automotive Technology of West Islip for engine cooling system repair?
- Friendly, knowledgeable service advisors.
- Experienced and certified technicians.
- Family-owned in West Islip for over 20 years!
- We use top quality parts!
- All service guaranteed.
Get a free estimate to repair your cooling system when you call us at (631) 321-5209 or schedule online.